Monday, December 10, 2012

From a Friend...

It was like Christmas today at my house.
The mailman delivered a wonderful package of hand made cards from my friend Dee.
She included this beauty just for me.
THANK YOU Dee.
I love receiving cards in the mail or in person!
It totally made my day.
It's already on the shelf above my desk so I can see it everyday.


So a little bit about Dee.
Dee recently started using ShinHan Markers.
Yes she also loves her Copic's.
But why can't you have both?
Dee has graciously said she would share some of her cards with us and the colors she used.
When she has time of course!
When first starting out with her new ShinHan Markers she found the numbering system different and took some time getting used to.
She quickly decided it would be easier to color with both markers.
Use the Copic makers you always use for skin or hair and use the ShinHan for clothing and accessories 
or the opposite way.
I thought this was such a great idea that I'm planning on doing a 
Shake it Up Kit once a month(time allowing in the new year) using the same concept.
Then if you wanted to start collecting these markers you could a few at a time.


I choose this cute Coco Wishes card to share with you first because it was last weeks Just For Fun image.
Dee has also use the Simple Stories - Homemade Holiday Collection.


  ShinHan & Copic Markers Used:

Copic Markers:
Skin: E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20, R30

ShinHan Markers:
Pants/Bird/Muff Band/Rim on Cup: WG4, R14, R11, R14
Beak: Y37
Shoes/Hot Cocoa on Plate: BR91, BR93, BR97, BR103
Plate/Cup: WG1, WG2
Hair: BR96, BR103, BR107, Spica Glitter Pens: Clear & Chocolate
Ear Muffs: WG4, GY47, GY59
Ground: PB144, PB185, P145, Spica Glitter Pen: Clear
Steam: Sakura Gelly Roll: Star Dust

Thank you Dee for sharing your wonderful creation with us
and helping us get better acquainted with ShinHan Markers.
I'll be starting a swatch book to add Dee's color choices too.
I'll make sure and share that also!

Thanks for stopping in!
Have a wonderful day.


2 comments:

Scrappin' Playground of Dreams said...

Very cute card Dee!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!
Heather ~ I like your idea of a Shake it Up Kit... that sound fun!! I have never used the ShinHan before. I am still trying to learn my Copics... lol. It should be interesting though! I just love the image you colored so beautifully!!!
Trish

Mojca said...

Waw I love both, but the second one has my favourite colours. hugs! MOjca