Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Copic Hair Color 1...

Hey everybody so I'm going to be doing Copic hair color posts
over on The Paper Nest Dolls Blog every Tuesday.

I'll be using all the hair colors I already posted on this blog.
Just using this image and starting from 1 and working my way up.
So if you haven't started a swatch book now's the time.

Christine the artist/owner behind The Paper Nest Dolls made this super cute Avery image for us to use.
She has some super cute digital stamps I'm sure I'll be using for a Just For Fun card soon.
Head over and check them out if you haven't!


I Updated Both Avery Color Sheets.
She is now Larger and can be cut to 3 x 4 to fit in the Snap Pockets.

To print the sheet just right click on the picture and save as.

I currently keep my color swatches in a Sn@p Album.
That way I can move them around
and keep all the same hair colors together.
I’m OCD about it.
You can see a picture HERE on a previous post.

Or you could also cut the page into 4 and use a ring in the corner to hold it together.
Or keep the pages in a 3 ring binder.
It’s totally up to you.


Since I’m blonde I thought our very first hair color could be to.
I color from dark to light, but if you color from light to dark that’s great to.
Just reverse the color order.


The order I colored her hair:
E55
E53
E51
E50

Skin Colors:
E21
E00
E000
Cheeks
R20
R30

Here’s a quick how to video.


I hope you enjoy making your very own swatches with me and The Paper Nest Dolls.
If you have a favorite hair color feel free to share it.
I can always use more colors.
Thanks for joining me today.
See you every Tuesday for another new color for The Paper Nest Dolls.

Have a fabulous day!


17 comments:

Jane ayres said...

All downloaded ready for me to add my colours .. what a super tutorial .. thankyou for sharing heather x hugs jane x

Paper Nest Dolls said...

Thank you so much, it looks wonderful!! I love it all. I'm thrilled to have you do this for me, and I know people will love following along with you.

HUGS!!
Christine

Eva Gro said...

Thank you so much for sharing!! I Loved your video , and I`ll definitely make a colorswatch album.

Can`t wait to switch to copics, and try yhem out on those cute papernest dolls!

Hugs Eva

Ami-May said...

This fantastic, thank you so much, i will definitely using this in my promarkers book/folder..

Really simple and easy

Ami-May

Ashley said...

Your coloring is fabulous! Looking forward to seeing your posts each week at the Paper Nest Dolls. :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Beverly Steele said...

I'm so excited to see you do this Heather. I love watching your videos and I have been wanting to do a swatch book forever so this is going to be super fun. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the great video Heather. I've watched all your COPIC videos and even some of your watercolor ones and I love them. I'm glad you're 'guest-ing' on Paper Nest Dolls blog...have fun and I can't wait until next Tuesday!

Ilene said...

What an awesome tutorial, thanks for sharing!

Michele Spera said...

Great Job Heather :-) Love this:-)
Hugs
Michele

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Hi Heather! It's Valerie from Paper Nest! I saw your post and video on our blog today - I LOOOVED it! Thanks! You have a new Follower! ;)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Awesome tutorial Heather! Love the way you do your skin and hair and thanks also for another great hair color combo. Can't wait to see your future tutorials with Christine's awesome images from The Paper Nest Dolls. Hugs:)

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a tremendous help for those of us new to Copic. I didn't have the markers you used this time, but hopefully I will in the future. Is it possible for you to list the skin color orders, too?

Thanks,
Tracey

karen said...

Wow heather beautiful colouring thanks so much for sharing karen xx

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, fabulous video, it just shows you don't need to lay down a lot of colour to produce a beautiful image. I think I'm a little heavy handed. You've taught me less is more. Love all your creations.

Keeley x x x

Lydia said...

fabulous colouring sweetie !!! welcome to the Dolls X

Unknown said...

Thankyou so much for using one of Christine images. I always love everything you do! Been a follower for a long time now.
Loriann (DT)
Craftymama3.blogspot.com

D- said...

I saw this tutorial when you posted it at Paper Nest Dolls.
I got so excited by the printout and tutorial I forgot my manners.
I am now following you by email so I can see more of your wonderful work.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Looking forward to the next tutorial!
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com