Saturday, February 25, 2017

Just for Fun Saturday - Magical Dragons

I had a request to do a dragon card 
and
 since I have this super cute 
My Favorite Things Magical Dragon's stamp set 
I said why not and lets try something I haven't done before.

I found this wonder tutorial over on YouTube 
by Jess C.
(Her tutorial can be found HERE)
She colors up this same image using copic's and the no lines coloring technique.
So I followed along with her and colored my image.
Thanks Jess C for a great video!

Heather's Hobbie Haven - Just for Fun Saturday - Magical Dragons

The image is second generation stamped on 
and cut out with the companion die.

I colored it with Copic Markers:

Belly/Foot Pads: Y15, Y13, Y11, Colorless Blender
Dragon/wings: RV29, RV25, RV23, RV21, RV10
Horns/Spikes/Claws: BG49, BG45, Colorless Blender

After coloring
I drew the eyes back on with a Copic Multiliner 0.2


Heather's Hobbie Haven - Just for Fun Saturday - Magical Dragons


For the card front I used the My Favorite Things Heart Stax Die to make a template.
I then placed my cut out heart template on top of my 
Stitched Rectangle piece and used some 
and an ink blending tool to make the heart.
I then spritzed it with some water to add some texture.

I then cut out a banner using Bazzill Licorice Twist 
card stock using the 
My Favorite Things Fishtail Stax Die.

I treated the piece with an EK Success Powder Tool so the embossing powder wouldn't stick to anything but the 
VersaMark ink.

I stamped my sentiment with VersaMark and then embossed it with WOW Metallic Silver Embossing Powder.

To finish it all off I used my Wink of Stella Brush in Clear to add some sparkle to the dragon and some 
Ranger Glossy Accents to the red heart on the banner.


Heather's Hobbie Haven - Just for Fun Saturday - Magical Dragons

I hope you'll give no line coloring a try 
and 
are having a wonderful day!




PIN ME
I'd love for you to Pin my color chart and visit me on Pinterest.



Supplies
You can find links to the supplies I used below.
I truly appreciate you shopping with me.



No comments: