Monday, November 14, 2011

Water Coloring 101 Part 1...

Want to take up water coloring, but don't know where to start? Let's start with some basic supplies. Water Color Paper, Water Resistant Ink, Paint Brush, Ink to color with and a stamped image.


The first thing I start out with is a high quality water color paper. I use Canson Montval 140lb Water Color Paper Artist Series. Yes some of your success is in the paper you buy. It all depends on how much water you get onto the paper. I do multiple layers and get my paper pretty wet. So I want a high quality paper that doesn't peel up half way through my project. There's nothing more discouraging then those little ripped up paper pieces. I want a smooth finish when I'm done.


Buy a few different brands of water color paper and see what works best for you. I went through a few before I discovered the Canson Montval that I now use every time. It works for me.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thank you, Heather! The Watercolor 101 tutorials have been most helpful! I hope I can get a favorable result. Your artwork is awesome! :)